Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fighting the Major Life-Change Jitters

School's out, summer is here!  This is all well and good but it makes the fact that our upcoming move is closer than imaginable!  Can you believe that in less than 2 months we will be living in the Philippines!? The first day of school is August 14th!  We are scheduled to arrive in Manila on the 2nd or 3rd of August. That seems so close- and it is!  We are so excited about all this but also just having a little trouble- fighting those jitters that come with every major life change.  We can all relate to the feelings of excitement coupled with the nervous feeling in your stomach as you prepare for some major life change.  The first day of school, going off to college, getting married, preparing for a new baby, purchasing a home etc... We've all been there.  I find such comfort in Philippians chapter 4 in times like these.
 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:4-7
It can be difficult to fight the "un-knowns" and continue to trust.  We have continually prayed for peace and to continue to be in God's will.  There are a lot of un-knowns with what we are doing and a lot of trust and faith.  However God is equipping us with what we need to stand firm under this.  We are not so much worried about what lies ahead as sad to leave things behind.  We feel the jittery nerves that come with any new venture, but we have the steadfast peace that comes from being in God's will. We know God will continue to provide for our needs and give us what we need to face what lies ahead.  
As I read Hebrews ch. 11 this morning I found new meaning in this verse:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. - Hebrews 11:1  
Yes, I've always had faith but faith is an interesting thing... kind of like patience- you grow in it through situations that present the opportunity to grow in it.  This experience so far has been just such an experience.  We have had great opportunity to grow in our faith. There is a lot being put on the line of faith- and I gotta say, it feels good.  


I am thankful for the opportunities God has given us thus far to grown in faith, patience and trust.  It has been such a blessing already and we are just beginning.  I am filled with hope for what lies ahead. 
- Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment