Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Discomfort


I find it appropriate that just as I finish my blog post about comfort I realize that I am entering a state of discomfort. I currently feel that my life is being spun upside down and shaken.  Everything I’ve grown accustom to will soon be gone and I will be back in America where I’m supposed to feel comfortable. Maybe I will, but I wonder how it will feel to not hear roosters crowing.  To not be surrounded by Asians.  To have the freedom of driving. To not have the close friends and co-workers that have become family. To not be over stimulated by music, crowds, and loud noises everywhere I go.  To not know what my job and home will be.  To not be connected with multiple ministries and venues to serve. To not have my usuals... where we go to church, shop, eat etc... I feel that I may struggle to find purpose. Here I have my students ever day, then almost every Saturday is spent with precious children then Sunday is church and rest. As a task oriented person who doesn’t relax well- not having these specific purposes may leave me with a feeling of a life lacking purpose. 
While I can sit here and worry about all these what ifs, I am thankful that I can stop myself and remember:  Yes, this year has had great purpose and has developed me as a person in many ways... but it’s not the end. This is not my only purpose. God has great plans for me. I may not know exactly what is next, but there is something good and I will re-adjust and find my “comfort” in America eventually. Praise the Lord for hope for tomorrow and trust in His mighty works.
The great unknown of the future. It is truly a gift that God only reveals to us what we can handle and what we need. I am glad to not know the future even though it can be a great source of discomfort. I seek the Lord’s peace, patience and perseverance as we are led by His guidance into the great unknown of the future. I have great faith that the Lord has good plans for us ahead. It will not necessarily be easy, but it will be good. 
- Meghan

1 comment:

  1. Meghan! I'm so glad you have really found joy and rest for your heart there! It will be different and uncomfortable when you come back, from my experience, sometimes it's even harder, but you will find joy and rest back here too and learn new lessons and you will NEVER EVER forget how much this year has meant to you. Scott and I would love to see you guys again when you get back! We will have to work out a visit to wherever you end up or you are welcome to come back and stay with us. Love you, friend!
    -Stevie

    ReplyDelete